I'm Katie. I love sewing. I sew dresses, skirts, bags, and lots of other stuff. I also love drawing and occasionally painting. My blog lets you see what I'm creating right now.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Amanda's bag


 I made this before i made the doll clothes but I just hadn't finished sewing the straps on it. 
This bag is designed by me, made for Amanda's school books.  It has 7 inside pockets and a zipper pocket in the lining.  It closes with a magnetic snap.  There's a thick, flexible piece of plastic in the bottom of the bag (between the outside fabric and the lining) for durability.  For more durableness there is a layer of thick, stiff interfacing between the bag and lining.  
Original sketch











I probably won't get many chances this week to sew but hopefully next week will be less busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment